Saturday, April 29, 2017

Own It

No matter how often you have heard this before, you and you alone have to come to grips with any definition of success; it has to be yours, not someone else's. Doing your best at what seems like a lousy job is not a means of survival but of seeing the possibilities of winning. The most common stumbling block to success is when people, for one reason or another, tell themselves their best efforts will neither be needed nor recognized .

 Those that can give four dollars worth of work for every three dollars of pay will be doing far more than earning points with their boss , they will be creating their own conditions for success. Such success need only be a standard of pride in oneself, it will be enough. It will be enough, and more than likely , it will ultimately be recognized by others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Own It... Own your actions, make them yours, your so right. It makes you better at what you do. For a long time I did things to my best for others. And at times that not being the best for me. So is it really my best ?
I learned I was better at doing my best for me which in turn becomes the best I can do for someone else.
So now I focus on me, yes everyone matters, but me being focused allows for you to get me best...
If I give my best, I feel successful for what I tried to achieve...
Most people respond when they know it is your best effort and not just a show for them...
Success = Happiness Within