Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wisdom

More wisdom from Gerry Spence, a successful trial layer and writer:

Wisdom usually does not fall from high places. The mighty and the splendid have taught me little. I have learned from my dogs than from all the great books I have read. I have learned from my children than from all the professors who have importuned themselves upon me in the exercise of their tenure. The wisdom of children is the product of their unsullied ability to tap their innate fund of knowledge and innocently to disclose it. The wisdom of my dog is the product of his inability to conceal his wants. When he yearns to be loved, there is no pouting in the corner. There are no games entitled " Guess what is the matter with me." He puts his head on my lap, wags his tail and looks up at me with kind eyes, waiting to be petted. No professor or sage ever told me I might live a more successful life if I simply asked for love when I needed it. 


No comments: