Friday, December 14, 2012

Why did you choose the Moving Buisness? Wes..


From owner of Stewart's Moving in VA and once over the road driver Wes Stewart ....
1)      Why did you choose the moving business? 
 I was 16 when I started as a helper and honestly I liked the work and getting paid cash every day. It was fun to go out of town and see different cities and states. I stayed with it and kept taking the next step. It turned out to be a great career.

2)      What has been your most challenging move to date?
They all seem to be challenging these days. But if I had to choose the one that comes to mind was back in 1994. It was November and I was picking up an NFL player out of a mini storage in Pittsburgh PA.

3)      What were the greatest challenges during the move and how did you overcome them?
I left my Moms house in Canton OH and drove to Pittsburgh, I had my helper and nephew with me. By the time we got there the  snow had come down pretty good. I got stuck three times before I got to the origin. My nephew Jason and helper Keith used decking bars once, pallets the second time and I don’t remember how we got unstuck the third time. We picked up the shipment (2K) and made it back to OH. We were listening to the radio on the way back  and found out that PA had shut down the roads behind us. If I had to do that again knowing what I know now, I would have waited for better weather. I have lots more stories like this Like but this one came to mind.

No comments: