Thursday, January 19, 2012

Funny story.....

From Don Queeney, agent owner in Norfolk VA ( and past recipient of agent of the year)


The first time I really got to meet Mr. Arpin was at the 1990 convention in Boston. For a year or so before this, at convention or some other event, he would see me, break into a big grin and say “So Richie how’s your mother and father?” thinking I was Richie Greenberg. I don’t think I look like Richie, but Paul must have. Anyway, in August of 1990 I was talking to Dave Arpin about leaving Maine and opening something in Maryland or Virginia. At the convention Paul walks up to me and says “You’re not Richie Greenberg are you?” smiling and laughing at his own joke. “You have been talking to my son David, come see be at the next break”. So at the next break I go down front to talk to Paul. We get into a long conversation and turns out the moderator (Jack Cotter) is holding up the restart of the meeting on us, and everybody knows it, but us. Eventually he speaks up and says that if you two school boys would stop gabbing we can get started. As I’m headed back to my seat, everyone’s saying OOOHHHH your in troubleeee!! The convention was in October, by that February I was in Norfolk laying down the ground work for that company store. Why I didn’t turn and run then I’ll never know.

No comments: