Thursday, March 1, 2018

Tough

There are people that think they are tough and there is tough.
My cousin , Bobby, is and always was tough, he is now in his 70’s and is around 15 years older than me.
I always looked up to Bobby , as a kid he taught me to hunt and fish and how to gut a fish or skin a rabbit. At around 12 or 13 I spent a lot of time on the back his motorcycle and trust me he never once slowed down because I was on the back.
He joined the Army during Vietnam and became a drill Sargeant and he is wife spent many years in Germany and overseas. And he was that drill Sargeant he saw in the movies, very intimidating and he had no problem getting in peoples faces.
If you want political correctness or someone who talks pretty and looks pretty...move on. Bobby is always himself... always! You never get two faces or two different people, he will tell you in no uncertain terms exactly what he thinks, so if you can’t handle it don’t ask him.
Bobby just found out he has cancer taking the treatments to fight his new battle and to live as much as he can, and in typical Bobby fashion he decided to live life like there is no tomorrow, he just purchased a brand new truck and he has carpenters busy at his home in Florida and his new motorcycle arrives in few more days.
When I see people in the business world or really anywhere around me that talk tough or think they are tough I think of Bobby and just laugh inside. Those that are tough don’t have to tell you - you just know it. Actions always speak louder than words.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooah!
God bless Bobby...