Thursday, March 29, 2018

Bosses

I have no problem having a Boss...
I do have a problem with being bossed around.
Tell me what I need to do and then leave me alone.

I learn best by on the job training, I watch and listen and take notes. I then want to “get at it “ because that is where I will learn and I also can begin my independence.
I can also start think of a better way to do things, I always learn what to do and how it is done but at the same time I almost immediately start questioning the process and start to think of other opinions.

In every job that I have had from washing dishes when I was 17 , stocking shelves at 18, managing a retail store at 21 or running an operations at 30 I always thought of ways to do it better. I did not intentionally want to do this for promotional purposes , though it did help, I just always go into things and look at it through common sense eyes and take a little something from everyone and try to make things easier for everyone.

It was Robert Kennedy who said “ Some people look at thinks and ask why, I look at things and ask why not”.
I heard that as a young boy and it always stayed with me and I took it as why just accept things as they are ? Think of how you think it should be and then try to change it.

You can have a boss and still be your own boss... do not become mechanical.

No comments: