Monday, March 12, 2018

Life lessons

Two things missing more today are :
Honesty
And admitting when you are wrong 

In order to admit you are wrong about something you need to honestly open the door to the other side.
For example I am part owner of a theatre and I enjoy plays and concerts and I enjoy all kind of live entertainment. I enjoy mostly comedies and recently we had a play that is considered a “ dark comedy “ and during the first rehearsal I saw I did not see the entertainment, and even after opening night I still did not see it. Perhaps I had made my mind up before I even gave a true opportunity but for whatever reason I thought it was not one of our best. Then something happened, I watched it again a few nights later with fresh eyes and maybe the actors were also getting more comfortable in their roles but I got it and was actually very touched. 
I was wrong and once I was able to see it - I not only enjoyed it, I learned from it.

I wonder if we can ever get back to that in our politics? Or in our every day life?
We seem to pick a side now and not ever open the door to the possibility of the other side.
How will we ever learn ? How can we grow and find new ground ?

I thank the actors and the director of our last play for continuing to teach me and show me that I should never pre judge and that the true lessons of life come when you least expect it.


No comments: