Friday, March 9, 2018

Goal in Life

 What is your goal in Life ??

I was once in a management meeting and that question was put out there- “ What is your goal in life”?  and one of the VP’s said his goal was to make as much money as humanly possible...
Wow.. there was silence in the room for a minute... really.. that’s your goal ? In life?

Money has never been a motivator for me or my ultimate goal, Money is something I need to pay the bills and help raise my family but it certainly is not my goal in life.
When they throw dirt on you is that what you want to be remembered for?
Do you want to spend most of your waking hours chasing and bowing down to the almighty dollar?
Not me.

Life is short and you cannot put a dollar figure on the smile of your kids or that hug from your grandchildren.
There is so much beauty around us that is completely free but if we spend all of our time stressed about buying that big house and the toys and whatever you deem as important you will never enjoy what is free... watching your kids grow or sitting on a rock near a brook in the woods with your wife or husband or feeling the reward of service. Service to those in need, in your community and in your family.
That is all free and all around you every day.

Is money really your ultimate goal ?

No comments: