Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Figure it out

If you want it, figure it out.
Growing up I was not poor , but we never asked our parents for anything because we just understood that there was not enough money. My two sisters and I grew up in a small house in a woodsy rural area of RI, it was a three bedroom house that back then growing up seemed plenty big enough, in retro respect the rooms were very small.
As I said we just never thought about asking our parents for anything and when I was a young teenager I wanted a weight set to begin working out. My cousin had given me an old pellet gun, a pump pistol actually. One of my neighbors down the street a few years older then me had a set of weights he was willing to trade for my pellet gun so I gladly made the trade.
Getting them home I now needed a bench for the weights , we had a basement in our house and we had a old dining room and chairs down in the basement so I made a bench using a chair and some planks of wood and rugs. I took tape and made two rolls on the chair so I could rest the weight bar on it , then I stacked three planks and wrapped an old rug around them. I slid the planks under the chair and was able to lay on the planks under the chair and use it to do my presses.
I figured it out.
I did not need new and I did think twice about having to lay on planks , I did not think I was sacrificing or was jealous of anyone out there with a fancy bench , I did not know any better.
If you want something bad enough just figure it out.

No comments: