Tuesday, March 6, 2018

People that change your life

This is from a household goods driver that turned into one of the best in his profession-... Thomas Olson-

I admire my dad so much for he has taught me how to be the man I am today. Because of him and a few others that I've met along the way I've become very good at what I do in many things in my life.
How I actually became a mover is a pretty cool story I think.
When I was a kid I bowled on a Church league on Saturday mornings. I walked from home to the bowling alley and back each time. Along that path was a moving company called Pan American Van Lines. One day on my way back home while I was passing the moving company I heard a man yell out ' hey kid '. I looked up and seen the biggest man I've ever seen in my life and he waved me over saying ' come here '.
I walked over and he asked me if I wanted to help him work and he would pay me. So I worked for a little while and he gave me $20. Man I thought I was rich, really I did...
Well it became an every Saturday morning job for me which led into a local job. Now over 40 years later as I sit in my moving truck I'm telling you my moving story. This job has brought me to my wife and children, I've met and still know some amazing people such as yourself and many other things this job has brought to me.
And to think it all started long ago with a ' hey kid, come here '...
That mans name was Slim, I'm sure it wasn't his birth name but that's what everyone called him. Slim is probably up there with my father looking down together at me. I hope I made them proud with me being the man and the mover I am...
Thank you for letting me share my story...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is something special.
Thank you Dave...