Friday, March 7, 2014

Moving company steps in, helps couple recover items


 
Terri and Terrance Thomas’ Florida moving adventure is a little like the song Amazing Grace - their goods were lost and now they are found.

“I'm thrilled to death I'm going to get my stuff.  So that really excites me,” exclaimed Terri.

In November, the Thomases paid Ryder Moving and Storage $4,500 to move their goods from Zephyrhills, Florida to Everett.  The company the couple used, Ryder Moving and Storage, stole the name of the respected Ryder Trucking company.  There was no confusion about what happened next.  The movers stopped taking the couple’s calls.

“Our wedding pictures, my kids’ pictures, pictures of my brothers and sisters, things that mean nothing to anybody else.  All I could think about was they are going to sit somewhere and rot,” said Terri.

A detective investigating the moving company found the Thomases’ goods in Florida.  Terrance had to cash out $5,000 from his 401K, fly to the Sunshine State and move it to another facility until he could afford to move it to Everett.

“I just don't know how anybody could live with themselves doing this to somebody,” said Terrance.

After our story aired Chip Martin, the president of Daly Movers, a Los Angeles area moving company, saw the Thomases’ troubles.

“It hit me.  My wife has photo albums, I have beer mugs, I have tools and seeing these people, it hit me.  It struck a chord,” explained Martin.

Martin is providing a Hollywood ending.  His company will move the Thomases’ goods to Everett for just $1.  We gave the Thomases a peek at the movers in Florida, who were picking up all of Terrance's tools and Terri's precious items.

“This company here has given me a new hope in movers because I had lost all hope for movers,” said Terrance.

It could take a couple of weeks before the trucks reach Everett.  Remember, it just takes one act of kindness to move someone, anyone or maybe a family, from coast to coast.



                                          Chip Martin, his wife Jeannette and David Arpin
 

No comments: