Monday, March 10, 2014

From a fellow Driver...


When This Job Was FUN!

 

I did the red beans and rice, smoked sausage all on a grill...Also have done spaghetti, pizza....Heck, I've even fried eggs on top of my grill, but the best story was a long time ago....I don't remember everyone who was there, just the whole Put, Put CLAN....* trucks all parked right next to each other-Evergreen Washington, a 4 day weekend...We made 6-7 trips to the store in that time, had the grill fired up for 4 DAYS....Cooked everything you can imagine, fed everyone in the parking lot...Funny thing was, Dennis pulled out a huge tarp(remember Suckattle,rains all the time)and we tarped the whole length of the space between 2 trailers and the party was on...The last day, I was getting ready to put the grill up and a driver looked down between the trailers at our party palace, and said "A GRILL,wanna cook some fish? "I told him SURE! He went and broke a seal on his trailer and pulled out a FROZEN solid tuna filet....I told him I had no way to cut it for cooking and, at that point a flatbed hauler(who had been eating off the grill all 4 days)said he had a cross cut saw(?),we washed it and filled the grill up with 1-1/2 inch tuna filets.....They disappeared too....

 

That was way back …..WHEN?
 
 
 
Let's bring it back....YOU can make the change... take the time to say hi to a fellow driver and who knows maybe even break bread together......THAT WOULD BE NICE.....Enjoy the time that you have.
 

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

Where's the LIKE button???