Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Thank you

Thank you to all of the drivers, agents and employees that have contacted me in the past few weeks to express their gratitude, concern and well wishes for me personally.

I have changed positions here at Arpin Van Lines and for the first time in 28 years I am not directly involved in dispatch, actually if you count my years at Honeywell Inc that would be 31 years.

All is good.

Change is good and at times needed to refresh the mind. I prayed on it every day for the past year and asked for guidance and it lead me to what I think was the best and obvious position for me, to work more directly with our drivers. That was Paul Arpin's through and through, he loved and respected his drivers and I was in a room with more than a few times when he said " without our drivers we are nothing".

As I have posted in a past blog piece, drivers and I speak the same lingo, we all blue collar working guys that just want to come to work and roll up our sleeves and do a good job. No BS needed.

It was kind of surreal in the past few weeks, I told my wife that it was like I was being eulogized except I am not dead. The cool thing was though that I like what I heard, after 28 years here at Arpin it seems that I have made a difference in people's life's and they appreciated it and our relationship both professionally and personally.
And that is my reward and what I always worked toward.

It is more then work to me, more then a position or title. I enjoy helping people, that is why I do what I do.
 I am still at Arpin and look forward to working with our drivers and having more drivers join our team and be respected and treated fairly for all of the hard work that they do every day.

Thank you again for all the calls and email, I am truly blessed and thank God every day for all of the friends , family , health and opportunity he has given me through the years.
And to think I am just hitting my prime. Time to take all that I have learned and build even more on it and try to reach out to as many people as I can.

I have only just begun.

Peace, love and understanding.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!"I have made a difference in people's life's and they appreciated it and our relationship both professionally and personally."....ALL those years,you have any idea how many lives you've influenced?God,without you,I'd have been gone long ago....Lets go get some more drivers...