Friday, October 18, 2013

Salesmen

I feel I need to write about salespeople since in my last blog piece I mentioned that drivers can smell a salesmen a mile away. 
I know many good salespeople that remark was not intended to be a slam on people selling I was referring to those that resort to , let's say not tell the complete truth or to those the just make stuff up in absent of knowing any facts.
My father in law was a salesman and is the most honorable man I know. He sold automobiles and he was always completely honest with all his customers, which is why he was successful.
He worked his way up to general manager and still always spoke the truth to his customers as well as his employees under him.
As I mentioned in a past blog Paul Arpin had the best bull shit meter of anyone that I ever knew. He knew when someone was tap dancing and making stuff up and that is what I was referring to when I spoke of drivers.
That is why we speak the same language, as one driver told me " Dave you don't pretty things up, you just tell it like it is". He is right and that is the only way that I know how to be.
Household movers and drivers are the same, we just want to go to work, work hard and do our best, be appreciated and get paid properly. No BS just tell us like it is and we can all move on.
Life is too short to spend time and energy on those that can not be truthful with you.
Trust is key, and it only comes from honesty.


1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

I had a "weird shit o meter"and it's been off the scale since I started moving folks....Never get bored in MOVING!