Saturday, October 26, 2013

Health

If you have good health you have everything. My mother would tell me that all the time, she passed away a few years ago but I hear her saying that most every day. 
When I was younger that saying did not mean much to me but the older that I got the more important it became. 

Most people waste their days complaining and being negative while life passes them by.
In a John Lennon song he says " life is what happens to you while you busy making other plans".
If you have gone through tragedy in your life or know of a close love one that has gone through difficulties due to health issues you know what I am saying.

Cancer for example can hit any of us and most of us know someone who has been hit by it. It is ugly and some fight their way through the treatments and radiation while it burns through their bodies and some lose the fight and leave this journey that we are all on.
The ones that survive start to appreciate this great gift of life and take to heart what my mother would say to, if you have your health you have everything. 

Recently I was at the Arpin convention in Florida and I sat at a table for our big Gala night where we all dress up real fancy, share a nice meal and dance and laugh.
 At my table were a few of my friends and agents from the Arpin family. Jerry and Robin from Liberty moving, who won agent of the year that night, and Diana and Pete from Bristol Plymouth, Richie and Linda from Charleswood's . I could not help but notice how much Robin and Diana simply enjoyed the night, each other's company and the conversations. They sat next to each other and I could see them both laugh and smile the night away. 
You see they both fought cancer and went through all of the ugly treatment and thank The Lord they came out the other end. You could see their appreciation for everything and everybody around them and I loved to see their smiles and to hear their laughter.

Do not wait for something to hit you for you to realize the good things around you, stay positive and enjoy every day. Too many people have something bad happen to them and only then do they realize how good they really had it.

Life is not about how many " things" you have but how many people you touch and let in.

If you have your health you have everything.


No comments: