Monday, October 21, 2013

From our Driver Skip....


For the blog?I’m still working on the RANT,that’s just a small part,Paul was from the industry... we need more of that in this business...

 

DANG!You said so much,AND so little...So many parts of that I need to reply to,So little time...Well?I'll try....

“Most drivers that I know are real people, they just want to do a good job and they enjoy helping others.

They smell a salesman or those people that are saying whatever they need to say at the moment.”

YES,that's my job,I just had one yesterday,I would not load because of how bad the PBO packing was,I have bunches of pics of CHEAP,thin walmart plastic totes,with no paper and dishes,lampshades in the same tote...Heck,even pots/pans in another with another lampshade.None of them were full,,NO PAPER at all was used,the items were just slam packed,no tape on the totes and I was told the salesman told them those totes would be ok.....NOPE!That was just the beginning....264 items estimated and 300 totes?Total item count was over 600?Great shippers,loved them from the start,bad sales job..GP for 12,400 #'s,still waiting for the actual weight....Problem was,when I called the O/A,to tell them it was not ready and needed a TOTAL re-pack,they sent the salesman out....Who backed me up with the problems with the packing and told me he would supply the paper for”my guys”to handle the problem(?)...I explained to everyone,,I was out on this,trailer did not have enough room,he looked at the shipper(he was expecting me to do it for free)and said”I'll have 5 guys out here in an hour,but your cost for us will be $1500....AND they would take the hit for the APU....I butted in and said,NOPE,That's not true,the loading driver will take the hit.....Glad I did not load it,the claims will be stoopid.

 

“Drivers are "real" and I enjoy helping and working with them. Do not get me wrong their are many other. Business owners and hard working employees that also have the " real" DNA in them and I have had the privilege of working and knowing many of them.

Actually most successful owners of agents in the household business were once drivers. They bring that " real " philosophy with them and their employees see it and gravitate to it also.

Thank you to all of the blur collar real people out there that I have met and had the privilege to learn from and work with.”

What I've seen in our industry is a progression from all the lifelong movers,family run operations,to Harvard bean counters who have no IDEA WHAT MY COSTS ARE...What we need are more folks just like DAVE,out there fighting for us...I could go on,BUT,there's so much more for a “Skip's RANT”that I'm working on.....

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

Just an fyi,that job weighed 16,880#'s on a 12,400# gtd weight,the salesman,after I left,got an addendum signed raising the weight to actual....That did not matter,did not have the space...That's why we need an honest estimate,the job might be the last one,we depend on the estimate to be right,so it all fits....