Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"I" to "WE"

Great leaders need to progress from “I” to “We”.

This happens when it stops being about you – personal ambition and ego take a back seat to the greater good, and the burning desire becomes the success of the team, AND the welfare of the team.

I have worked with some very good people through the years and some very good workers BUT so many of them never grab the concept of "WE" in their day to day.
I listen to them and all they ever say is " I" -I did this - I did that-
The evolution has to come from the heart - when you truly start to share the glory and shoulder the burden you start to grow.
It begins with your vocabulary- take notice- do you say " I ' to much ?

To succeed you need a team effort and you need your team to know that you need them and that you respect what they do.
Push the lime light away , that said do not publicly point the finger or blame. That is meant as a one on one away from the team.

Take notice in what you say- because others do.

2 comments:

Arpin Driver said...

Public finger pointing only builds walls within the team.. Walls built within the team ultimately delay the goals of the team...

Road Warrior said...

I have to agree,public ranting about things gets to too many involved.Why not call the one you have a problem with and settle it?It might not be pleasant,but,it will keep others out of the negativity...We are a family,I just can't say that enough,symbiotic to the core,we ALL have to depend and defend each other....