Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Customer Service

Good old Customer Service..

Where is it in today's business ?

People are rushing, typing, texting, barely looking up, business are finding it difficult to please customers mostly because they plain do not listen or look up or mostly just show that they care.

If you do not return a call or a email in a timely manner that is as good as ignoring that person and is simply disrespectful.
At the end of the day people just want to be respected.

Lack of concern or customer service is all over and in all walks of life and in very profession -
Here is a very recent example of something that happened to me-

The other day my father in law called me and asked me to go over his house, he said he was not feeling right. My father in law is 74 and retired and hates hospitals and doctors. What he was describing sounded like a possible stroke or the beginning of a hear attack, he refused to go to the walk in or the emergency room. I called his Doctor, which believe it or not ran busy for about 15- 20 minutes. When the receptionist finally dud answer she quickly said hold please- and left me on hold for about 15 minutes, when she came back she was talking a mile a minute and when I told her what was happening with my father in law she said that he was off and would not be back for 3- 4 days.
That was it.
No caring at all in her demeanor , no concern, no recommendation... nothing.
OMG..and this from the one profession we all hope to have a bit more empathy and concern.

You want to know why America is slipping in the business world, just look around.

It is not too late to change direction- look up- listen- Care

No comments: