Sunday, October 25, 2015

Educated

I listen to the media talk about polling for elections and they refer to the " educated" people.

I always get a kick out of that- " He does not poll well with the educated people"- what does that mean?

There are many types of education- two prominent ones that I refer to is School educated and then there is street educated.
Which provides the better education?
Ideally it is a combination of the two.
I have worked with and spoken to many people with master degrees and impressive sheepskin but they have very little common sense or zero people skills.

I have also worked with many folks who did not have the luxury or the opportunity to have a higher education or even had to drop out of high school to help provide for their family and they earned things the hard way but they appreciate what they have and they are very respectful to everyone around them.

Books alone and degrees will not make you successful or for that matter even smart.
It is how you apply what you learn and how you understand how it fits into the bigger picture that matters.

So I do not know who "they" refer to when they say they polled the educated group.



No comments: