Friday, July 20, 2012

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

After much thought I absolutely believe that it all comes down to RESPECT-

In business, in your relationships and in life- respect is what you need and unfortunately what I view as starting to disappear.

Growing up in the late 50's and 60's I was taught to respect my elders and to respect the law and certainly my parents.

I see it more and more in just my every day. Rather it's someone who just decides to park in that handicap parking spot even if they are not or throwing garbage out a car window or just listening to conversations around me there is a loss of respect.

Sitting on the beach the other day was a young group of people next to me probably in their early 20's and they were cussing up a storm and talking about events that were not meant for where they were. There were a lot of very young kids within ear shot- respect-

 Once I was sitting waiting for my wife in Dunkin Donuts when this oversize Ford 150 pulls into the spot right in front of the door of the Dunkin Donuts where there was there huge yellow diagonal stripes showing a no parking spot. Out jumps this guy in his thirties and keeping his truck running jumps out of the truck to enter the Dunkin Donuts- respect-

All these type people think the world resolves around them.
They could care less about rules or the people around them.

We would all have better relationships and get along so much better if people would simply respect each other and the world around them.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

Try the handicapped spots in truckstops.....It would be great if those fat ass drivers who are not flying the wheelchair would park some where else..