Sunday, July 8, 2012

COLIN POWELL

The following is a excerpt from Colin Powell's book- It worked for me-

I encouraged all my subordinate commanders and staff to feel free to argue with me. My guidance was simple: " Disagree with me, do it with feeling, try to convince me are right and I am about to go down the wrong path. You owe that to me; that's why you are here. But don't be intimidated when I argue back.

A moment will come when I have heard enough and I make a decision. At that very instant, I expect you to execute my decision as if it was your idea. Don't damn the decision with faint praise, don't mumble under your breath- we now all move out together to get the job done. And don't argue with me anymore unless you have new information or I realized I goofed and come back to you.

 Loyalty is disagreeing strongly, and loyalty is executing faithfully.

The decision is not about you or your ego; it is about gathering all the information, analyzing it, and trying to get the right answer.

 I will still love you, so get mad and get over it."

No comments: