Monday, September 17, 2018

Sunday’s

Sunday has always been family day in my family.

35 years ago they changed what they called the Blue Laws in RI - All businesses use to always be closed on Sunday - yup- for all you young people Sunday was always the day of rest and one that families would gather to break bread and spend time with each other. I managed a retail store at the time and I never thought that RI would break the blue laws and allow businesses to open but they did and of course now every business is now open pretty much every day of the year, so much for family time.
I was dead set against it so I started looking for another job, one that did not force me to work on Sunday and I was lucky enough to be hired by Honeywell , where I dispatched servicemen.

We have had Sunday gatherings ever since , fast forward 38 years - yesterday my family is over for Sunday dinner and my wife is outside running around with our 2 year old grandson and I do not know who had the bigger smile on their face my wife or my grandson.
 While running around my grandson , Luca, proclaims out of nowhere- Luca Happy - Mamma happy, momma happy - Dada happy- Papa Happy !

Moments people - Life is made up of moments!




No comments: