Monday, September 16, 2013

From Road Driver- Skip...

I HAVE to jump in on this one....I had a crew on this last drop that was to say the least....BEYOND the best crew I EVER used in the entire North East...Let me get into details....This job has to be the most difficult I've ever encountered...EVERYBODY,at origin dropped the ball,got a call from the shipper at destination asking if my guys would mind MOVING a 6 bed room condo worth of stuff(she was moving into a furnished condo)into the basement into storage before we spent 2 days getting her stuff inside....It gets worse,I'm at residence at 6:30 am looking at where I'm supposed to park....Full of cars,and even my 28 foot pup can't get in front of that place to park..I park around the corner,no parking,but,30 feet from my shippers front door...That worked out like a fart in church,less than 10 minutes,I get threatned with towing...The officer goes away,telling me to figure it out,he will be back...The shipper gets there about 7:30,and the games begin....There is a security gate at the other end and,IF,we can get some cars moved,I'll be able to get into a 1 lane drive,right up to the back of this condo....The guys got there at 7:30 and sat with me until.....THE FREAKING LOCAL CREW(who started at 4 am)gets the remaining stuff out of the condo....Nobody complained,had anything bad to say(except me)and we simply waited....When we finally got backed in,the driveway was gravel,and with a hard wood floor,you can imagine the problems....I watched each one of the crew,EVERY time they picked something up from the drive,lean it over and brush the rocks off the bottom....R-E-S-P-E-C-T....Caring about my shippers stuff.That's not all...The second day,she had a maid crew,unpacking and was busy trying to run that crew and mine...These guys never got upset about not knowing where things went,they simply carried the carton,or whatever inside and foud her,sometimes dealing with 4 additional flights looking for her.....We know,that's BS,but we do what we have to.....The Agent was Derosier's in Stratford,Connecticut...AND a Thanks needs to go out...

No comments: