Thursday, April 11, 2013

Friendships

This week are our Regional meetings, agents fly into R.I. from around the country and this year we have record numbers. Hundreds of old friends and new friends visit to catch up and learn and exchange ideas.

It is always a shot in the arm to see each other, and it reminds all of us that we are in this together.

You hear it so many times  that it is not the final destination or the finish line that you remember but the journey. The people that you meet along the way, the lessons that you learn- that is the real prize, the reason at the end of it all.

In the 28 years that I have been associated with Arpin Van Lines I have met some great people, some true friends. I feel blessed to have a job that allows me to meet people from California to Texas to Illinois and Florida, Georgia, Virginia and the Carolina's, all of New England and New York and everywhere in between.

I learn every day, about the business, about people and relationships and about myself. I enjoy the challenge of trying to do better every day and if I can help someone along the way that is where my reward is and that is where I find the biggest reward. When a employee or a driver or an agent says -thanks- and that I helped them- I feel my best.

It is the many friendships that I will always remember.
In your every day work as you try to deal with the stress try to bring it down to having it all being a learning experience and it will help you deal with the stress.

Look beyond what is staring you in the face and rejoice in the opportunity that you have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, my friend !!! Hope you have a FANTABULOUS time at the regionals.BOOYA !!!!!!!! BTW...the ole back is coming along fine.Looking foward to getting BACK in the saddle soon! tm, tm, TL