Tuesday, April 9, 2013

30 Days

30 Days....that is how long it takes to form a habit.

Whatever it is that you want to start to change or improve you need to stick with-it for 30 days straight. That way it will start to become habit. Try to replace a bad habit with a good one.

For example I quit smoking back in 1985. I could not go cold turkey I had to limit the times and places that I would smoke. I looked at the most crucial times or the times that I always would light up.
You know the times, right after a meal or driving or when have a beer. And those are the times that I had to target first and get my mind out of the habit.
( I was a two pack a day guy unless I went out and was drinking than I would kill another pack-)

One of the habits for instance while driving was just bringing my hand to my face so I replaced smoking with eating a apple. Replacing a bad habit with a good one and satisfying that action of hand to face. After 30 days or so it became habit now to reach for apple.

Rather it is your eating, drinking, swearing or your attention to your work. Think about it and what you can do to replace or change it and than make up your mind to continue it for at least 30 days. Mark it off on the calendar if it helps.

One step at a time...one day at a time.

No comments: