Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Still learning

Now that I wrote about flipping out at the dinner party with a neighbor concerning grouping people.
I can reflect and say that I handled it all wrong.
Rather than point things out in a civil tone I got loud....still learning.
I did realize this though the next day, with some help from my wife, and I called the host to offer my apology. She was very gracious and said that she did not even notice the heated conversation.
Even though I know that I could of been so much better and communicated a much better argument if I had kept my cool.
I did exactly what you are not suppose to do. I spoke loud and lost control of my breathing. My heart rate escalated and therefore so did the rest of me.
Dam
At least I do recognize now when years ago I probably would still be heated.
Oh well....onwards and upwards...another lesson.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

DANG,gonna have to move you back to HUMAN status...EMOTIONS,are a HUMAN,condition,what we feel,we wear outside....And yes,there's nothing wrong with it.My worry would be as to just how intense the disagreement was.