Sunday, November 4, 2012

GUMP

Forrest Gump
Forrest: Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes.



Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this Army?
Forrest: To do whatever you tell me, Drill Sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: Godamnit, Gump! You're a goddamned genius! That's the most outstanding answer I've ever heard. You must have a godamned I.Q. of a hundred and sixty! You are godamned gifted, Private Gump!

Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There, uh, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole... shrimp gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp... shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... that's, that's about it.

Lt. Dan: What's wrong with your lips?
Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir.
Lt. Dan: Yeah, well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a trip wire. Where you boys from in the world?
Bubba & Forrest: Alabama, sir!
Lt. Dan: You twins?
Forrest: No, we are not relations, sir.

Forrest: Hey, Bubba...
Bubba: Hey, Forrest. Forrest, why'd this happen?
Forrest: You got shot.
Forrest: (voice-over) Then Bubba said something I won't even forget.
Bubba: I wanna go home.
Forrest: Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't something you can find just around the corner. Bubba was gonna be a shrimpin' boat captain, but instead he died right there by that river in Vietnam.

Jenny: Hey, Forrest, were you scared in Vietnam?
Forrest: Yes. Well, I, I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out. And then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bay... There was over a million sparkles on the water. Like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny. It looks like there were two skies, one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up... I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful.
Jenny: I wish I could have been there with you.
Forrest: You were.


No comments: