Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Treat em like you would your mom's move

I had a dispatcher that worked for me for years and he was very good but his attention to detail seem to sharpen when we moved one of his relatives.

I noticed that when we were moving his son or any relative of his he was right on it. He followed the job from start to finish and hand picked the driver. He made sure that the driver had all the information needed and followed up to be sure that it all went well.

Don't get me wrong he did a good job on other moves but his level of involvement certainly intensified.

I always thought that if he could duplicate those emotions across the board with every customer he would of seen the results for himself.

One of our past driver of the months said I just handle every customer's furniture as if it was my own.
Most every successful driver that I have known have always had that same philosophy.

You should not have a different way to approach your job depending on who or what, you should always give it your best.

 In the long run it will always come back to you ...either way it will come back to you...might as well make it positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are MOST indutibly correct,my spiritual brother!Treat every job,every customer,everybody the same in life.You will never have to question yourself or your work.....(i.e.)did I do this??or did I do that?? Do it once & do it right! You hear 'em say,"Take care of this one..it's a VIP".Ha!!!I've been moving people for 40+ years,THEY ALL ARE VIP's!!!!!!!!BOYHOWDEE!!!!!!************************************the man..the myth..the LEGEND

Anonymous said...

YO MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


----the restless warrior