Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Helping each other out there on the road

It is still good to hear that there are still drivers that go out of there way to help other drivers.

We recently had a driver in the MD area and was planned to load a job and his help was a no show. He saw another Arpin driver and when he told him the story the driver gave him one of his helpers and when he was done he met him at the residence to help pitch in himself.

That is what it is all about !

I am not sure why but this seems to happen a lot less now then it did years ago.

When I started in the business back in the 80's drivers always helped each other.
The code of the road was you just bought that guy dinner and you called it even.
It would always come back to you.
It was truly the pay it forward system.

Guys looked out for each other even if it meant staying over a night to do so in some cases.

Bonds were made and in most cases they were made for life.

I do not know what changed but I truly hope the spirit would find itself back into the industry.

We could all use it....probably now more then ever.


Pay it forward...help a fellow driver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish it were like this also. The fact is that things are totally different in our industry now, and not just with the drivers. The core task at hand is the same, but that's about it. Everything else is different and still changing. I wouldn't want to trade my job for any other, but I wish we could get back to some of our roots.

Anonymous said...

Dude!! Forget about any help.....

Most all won't even TALK to ya!


It's a cold,cruel world out there


P.S. I just wish people would thaw..........just a lil bit.
.....the wide eyed wanderer