Saturday, December 10, 2011

DECEMBER 10TH

December 10th, 1985 my life changed as did my wife's, my children and dozens of other people's.
On December 10th 1985 my wife's mother was murdered.
For those of you that read my blog or know me I am sure some times thinks that I write about all sunshine and lollipops and that the world, and perhaps your life, is just not that way.
I know , believe me I have experienced a good share of the bad but that is what shapes us. At least it does me.
When I say "let it go" and that life is too short it is because I believe that.. and life is short. We have no guarantees.
On December 10th 1985 it was a day like any other day until our phone rang and we heard the news that my wife's mom at 42 years of age had been murdered in her shoe store that she had just opened a few years before. Killed by a man who was just let out of jail and who was a career criminal. He murdered a young woman in Fall River MA just hours before driving to R.I. and going to my mother in law's store.
He had no reason and no cause only that she was there.
He was found and sent back to prison and is now dead himself.
But the effects on all of was and is devastating...life will never be the same.
Many questions arise in your head and much anger but life does go on.
You certainly look at life different after a tragedy like that hits your life. What most people think is a bad day or bad circumstances you look at and put it in perspective.
I have been though much more in my life that help shape the way I am, alcoholism in my family, diabetes, stroke, miscarriages, a daughter who needed two surgeries before she even turned one, a son in hospital for weeks when he was not even two with pneumonia and much more and yet the good outweigh the bad.
That said my life is not much different than yours probably, we all have a story and our cross to bear.
That is what makes us and shapes our life's.
We learn more from our tragedies than from our triumphs.
Life goes on and life is short with no guarantees....live it...let the heavy and the negative go..enjoy your loved ones and friends and the world around you....every day.

No comments: