Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Body Language

Studies have shown that 70% or more of communication is nonverbal.

 Our body language often conveys much more meaning than our words so it’s important than your body language is in alignment with the intent of your words. If at all possible, eliminate physical barriers, like a desk, between you and the person you’re speaking with. Sit side by side or in front of each other, don’t cross your arms, roll your eyes, or grimace.

 Be sure to smile, nod in understanding, and verbally respond with phrases like “I hear you” or “I understand” to show the other person you’re tracking with the conversation.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

But,sometimes a facial grimace when talking,could be simply a sign of hip problems and PAIN...Try not to read to far into body language....Good news on that front,I have a rotater cuff problem in both my hips...Heck,I did not know anything besides shoulders that could have that issue...Now,after a 6 inch needle with drugs,was jammed into my hips,I know full well...