Thursday, January 29, 2015

I had no idea

So last summer a good friend asked me for a hand.
He and another gentleman had been running a Theatre on the bottom of a chapel and asked me for some assistance, they wanted to own their own Theatre.
I had no idea why he asked me but he is a good man and a good friend so of coarse my normal reaction is always- sure- let me help.

I had no idea how to start or who to see. It is a nonprofit organization so they had no money either.

Really the only thing I did know is that he and the playwright were two very honest men that just enjoyed what they did and those are the kind of people that I gravitate too and like working with.

So fast forward about 8 months and we open up our own Theatre tonight.
Along the way I learned a lot and met a lot of good people.
The town that we are going in was thirsty for the Arts and for a group to come in and help the area.
For that reason the town and the community have all been wonderful to work with.

You don't know until you try.
And if you enjoy what you do and trust the people that are around you- you can do some pretty amazing things.
You cannot do it alone- but that is what makes the ride so fun.

Check it out www.thearcticplayhouse.com

Sometimes it is good to get out of your comfort zone- that way you learn more and meet people that you never would have met.

Enjoy the Ride !

No comments: