Tuesday, January 6, 2015

FAMILY

Below was written and sent to me from a few of the Arpin Drivers...


We are family.......So, WHY is so difficult to smile, wave, of flash your lights to that Arpin driver going the other way? Come on, it's that simple...Simply acknowledging the guy going the other way, makes him feel more a part...OF THE FAMILY!
See another Arpin truck with his trailer doors open? Stop by and at least see if he's ok, maybe help him set up his box...How hard is that? Have a weekend sitting in a truck stop? Bobtail of to the grocery story and cook out..Tell stories...HAVE FUN! with the other drivers from our fleet...After all we are a FAMILY of movers...

2 comments:

Road Warrior said...

I remember when it was that way all the time...As drivers we need to pull together,get together,and just be proud to be a part of the family...

Phatmoverdude said...

I've been in this business for over 35 years, and have seen a lot of changes. The biggest thing that I've seen is the way that we don't talk, and help each other like we did back in the 80's and 90's. I don't really know why this has happened. But, I've always been the guy who will walk up on a driver and, just jump up in the van and start to help him. I have met some of my best friends that way. This business is hard enough, not to have all the friends you can get. Back in the day, it didn't matter who you worked for, it seemed like we would all help one another. I can remember being on jobs late at night, with 3 or 4 different drivers with their trucks all parked on the same street. We worked hard, and we played hard, It was fun. It didn't matter east coast, or west coast we were hanging out and working together and having fun. And, we did this without cell phones. I don't know how we did it. Lol. I do still have a few friends that still do the same thing we did back in the day. Without them, it would be to hard to do this job. I've only been with Arpin for about 4 years now. I have met a few other Arpin drivers. Most of them have been good guys, I have also met one or two knuckleheads. Theirs always one or two in every group. Lol. But, If you see me at a truck stop or an agent just say hi. And, if I can I'll help you in anyway that I can. Have a good day and, and stay warm. Travel safe. Phatmoverdude. Aka. "Grumpy mover"