Monday, January 19, 2015

Bullies

I guess I grew up dis liking bullies.
I always rooted for the underdog and never liked people that were cocky.

I was the only boy in my family, had two sisters- both older. I grew up back in 60's and 70's when you still played outside and before computers and cable TV and cell phones. In my neighborhood there were a lot of big families with lots of brothers running around.
Maybe being the only boy in my family I was always the one with no support and we know that little boys 8-15 especially have a tendency to group together.
Perhaps that is when and where I started to have to learn to go it alone?

I always tried to get along but did my best to stand my ground too.
That stuck with me my whole life.

I still dis like bullies and I try not to do things to just be part of the crowd. I am fine not being part of any good old boys club.
That said I enjoy being involved in organizations and learning and helping others.

It is amazing to me to watch the bulling that can go in the adult world, in day to day business and in all kind of businesses'.
No need for it but I guess it will always be there, that is some survive.
They survive by pulling others down.
Ugly but true.

What I have seen though is those that play fair and work hard seem to ultimately be the happiest with themselves and their lives.

The golden rule still applies- treat others the way you want to be treated.

No comments: