Thursday, September 4, 2014

Selfish

I heard a story on the news last night that showed how selfish we can be.

It was about emergency vehicles having a problem on our highways and roads.
Growing up one of the first things that you learned when driving is that when you hear sirens- PULL OVER.
Rather it is a police office or fire truck or ambulance get out of the way.

Minutes and seconds could be the difference between life and death.

On this news cast they were showing how cars just do not get out of the way and our emergency vehicles get caught in traffic.
They interviewed a few people that work as firemen and paramedics and they say it is happening more often. They taped this one car that refused to pull over and stayed in front of them for miles.

My heart always jump when I see one of these vehicles in my rear view mirror, I always pray that wherever they are going that people are ok and I pray that my family is safe.

What if they knew that the vehicle was trying to get to one of their loved ones, would they move faster?
What difference should it make? It is somebody's house or family member.

That to me is the example of selfishness.

If it does not directly effect them they do not care.
If it is going to delay them , even for a few minutes they will not help.

Where are we going people?

No comments: