Friday, November 18, 2011

YOU GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO

Years ago on Mother's day David Arpin called me at home to tell me that a customer had just called him and was hysterical. Seems as though an agent was planned to load her the day before but broke down and was still broken down and she needed to be out of her house by the end of the day.
Her house was in R.I. not far from the home office.

It was early morning and I was sitting at the table with my wife and two young children when David Arpin called, I told David that I would make some phone calls and take care of it.
Thank goodness I have a loving understanding wife, after all it was mother's day and now it looked as if I was going to be gone most of the day.

I knew of two owner operators that were in town and what hotel they were staying at so I called them to see if they would help. Following with the code of any good household driver they were more than happy to lend a hand.

I then called a local driver for Arpin of R.I. who lived close to me and asked if he was available to help get a truck from local so we could load the job on it and he also was more than happy to help.

The four of us arrived at the residence a few hours later ready to rock and roll. A two story home that looked like around 10-12,000 lbs.

The customer was very happy and kept thanking us through out the day. She could not believe that we were able to pull all this together in just a few hours.

We were able to take a negative and turn it into a positive, she was a "customer for life now" she said.

Sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Dawg!!!!!!When the time comes for me to load outa R.I.,You gonna be on my team.And bring Tom Patefield wit ya!We'll bust out 28k.LOL...Have a great day and a fab weekend...................................................................the man..the myth..the LEGEND