Monday, November 28, 2011

Learning to see Life's lessons

If we allow it there are lessons around us every day.

On my drive to work I am normally always in a hurry, I usually arrive at work an hour or so before my normal work day starts but my mind is already in overdrive.
I have a pad next to me in the car and I scribble any thoughts that I want to follow up on. I may start writing things down while having my coffee before I even start my ride in.

I travel all back roads to get to work and it is about a twenty minute ride.
Even so I some time get irritated when I hit a little traffic or get caught behind a school bus that stops every 30 yards.
All because I am in a hurry to get to work.

One day I am held up because coming in the other direction on one of the side roads is a school bus stopped, it seems like it is taking forever so there I sat getting frustrated.
A lady gets out and then I see the side doors open and a electric floor is dropped in order to accommodate a handicapped child.
Just then I noticed a young boy in a wheelchair coming down the ramp on the front of his house followed by who I presume is his mother and sister.
They wait till he gets on the bus and the door shuts, all the while never losing eye contact and when the bus pulls away they blow kisses at the young boy and sign something to him and touch their heart.

And to think that before all that all I saw was a stopped bus and an inconvenience to me.

Makes you stop and think about what is important and what others sacrifice EVERY DAY and how selfish we can be.

Now when I happen to be driving down that same road in the morning if I see the bus stopped I put my car in Park, take a deep breath and watch the whole process take place again and this time I count my blessings and think how wonderful these people are that are forced to slow life down and know what is really important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'Day Dave!Great blog 'bout dealing with lifes little conundrums.You state,"What's important?".Boyhowdee,that is the KEY to LIFE!!!!!!!!!!BRAVO!
Would just like to tell you THANKS for EVERYTHING.Typed words can't express my gratitude for your
support,faith & encouragement.The 'feather' will see you Thursday.***************************************************************the man..the myth..the LEGEND!!