Monday, November 7, 2011

We all need to hear it

I do not care who you are, what your title may be or how independent you think you are...we all need to hear that we are doing a good job and that we are appreciated.

You may not need to hear it all the time but it is nice to hear " thank you" every once in a while.

Years ago, when I started at Arpin, I called a driver to just tell him thanks for what he had done. He seemed truly appreciative and said that it was nice to hear.

I have tried to make a point ever since to be sure to says thanks and tell people when they do a good job or go out of their way and not just at the work place.
If I am shopping and the cashier or clerk is personable and helpful, I tell them. In some cases if they go out of their way, I will ask to speak to their boss or manager and I give them the recognition that they deserve.

At home, it is always good to tell your spouse or children that you appreciate them and love them. DO NOT take it for granted.

A smile and a thank you can go a long way...we all need to hear it.

No comments: