Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I got sucked in....

Yesterday was one of those days that it just seems like everything was a battle.

I was involved in more than one of those group email's where everybody is venting and with each email you can feel the negativity and the dividing lines growing.

I got sucked in...

I did not follow my own advise and therefore as the day progressed it just kept on piling on.

I got more and more frustrated and was ready for a fight before I picked up the phone or read an email.
I handled a call at the end of the day knowing that I was in the wrong place, mentally, but I took it on anyway.
I knew that it was probably going to be a confrontational call because it involved money and a move that took place months ago. As usual there is always three sides to every story and if conversations are not documented it becomes a huge he said-she said game.

Well usually I prepare myself for these and really try to hear everybody out and most times even delay a decision so I can be sure to do my due diligence and do my best to be fair.
Well, because I allowed myself to get sucked in all day on these group email's I was ready for bear....not good.

I knew as soon as I hung up that I handled it all wrong. I called him back and stated that and held a different conversation.

I allowed myself to get sucked in all day...I can blame whom ever I want but at the end of the day I had choices and I chose wrong and my day was wasted because of it.

After 25 years in this business I still have these days, today the instigator is email and allowing your frustrations to type away.

I am still learning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo,Dave!!!!!!! Your inspirations are.....well..INSPIRING !!!!!!!!! Keep on keeping on...Hope you have a better day today.........the man..the myth..the LEGEND

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a better day today too! :-)