Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Education

How many years of education do you have ?
I have over 50..
Yup, over 50 and still counting, my best education was and still is real life, every day encounters.
My mentor, Paul Arpin, always said he was still learning and he said right up till the day he passed in his mid eighties.

When the day comes that you think you know it all , just pack it in.
Paul just like me did not have much in the years of what they call a "formal" education, our lessons would all come from the streets. We made mistakes along the way but learned from each and every one of them.

When people want to give me their resume verbally on how many years they have been in " the buisness " I already get turned off..honestly I don't care. What I do care about is how you treat the people around you and if you think your years in the buisness gives you some kind of privilege or pass you already told me what I need to know about you.

Once again recounting on my days with Paul Arpin I never heard him tell anyone in any conversation how long he has been in the buisness or what accomplishments he had. On the plague of Paul as you enter Arpin headquarters it says " May my work speak for itself" and it sure did.
Do not get down on yourself if you do have a higher school education and do not envy or belittle those that do, it is what you do in life that matters and what you learn along the way.

There are lessons and gifts every day with everyone you meet if you simply stay humble and keep your eyes and ears open.

No comments: