Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Me me me

I truly believe that we only BEGIN to grow when we get away from thinking the world revolves around us and start to live a life devoted to helping others.
I think it is significant that we live in the day of the " selfie" and people are so infatuated with taking pictures of themselves. I recently went to a concert and while the concert was on more people were interested in taking selfies with the band behind them then actually getting loss in their music.
It is hard and certainly at the beginning of young families and relationships I can understand being very concerned about yourself and laying down a good financial base for you and your family.
As we get older and realize that our time here is limited we hopefully find that the reward is in the giving and to pushing the lime light away from us.
I said "BEGIN" because it is a process and it is only human nature to appreciate the applause and the attention and that it itself is not a sin or wrong but doing it just for the attention is wrong.
I turn 60 in a few days and I am still learning but I do so hope that I can make a difference and help others as much as I can while I am here. I have been working full time since I was 17 and have seen and learned a lot along the way. I loved learning, still do. I learn better by being involved and hands on and watching , I learned personalities and people and it has helped me along the way.
I always tried to treat others the way I wanted to be treated- simple rule and if more lived by it the better they would be and the better we all would be.
Get away from "me" and try to be more conscious of your surroundings and others.

No comments: