Tuesday, August 15, 2017

60

I have been on this Earth for 60 years as of today.
It has been a crazy wonderful ride so far and I would not change a thing, there are certainly reasons for everything and life takes you down certain paths and put people in those paths for a reason.
I do ask the good Lord "why" why has he guided me so and put so many wonderful people in my life and I do believe that he has given me opportunities so that I can learn and help others. All I have to do is trust and be honest and do my best.
I have learned and worked hard from my first job washing dishes at age 16 and stocking shelves at age 17 and on every job that I have had the opportunity to be in ever since.
Thank you mom for showing me love and showing me what true sacrifice is and how to always treat people with respect and how to be honest.
The good Lord helped put people in my path that changed my life from my cousin Bob who took me under his wings at an early age and introduced me to hunting and fishing to my.first scoutmaster at age 11, he helped give me confidence in my self gave me the love for camping and appreciating nature.
The big one the good Lord put in my path was in 1980 when a young girl came in the store I was managing at the time at our Mall, my wife Lisa -I did not know it then but my life would then take a change that would take me down many beautiful paths - we married the next year.
God blessed me in 1983 and 1988 by sending me two beautiful kids, my daughter Jillian and my so Michael, watching them grow and being a part of their lives has been my life and now watching them with their marriages and children are my true rewards.
Work wise Frank D gave me my first big opportunity at age 20 and trusted me to his asst manager and then manager at age 21, then my next big one- Paul and David Arpin- David hired me in 1985 to learn and run his operation. He and his dad had the patience and saw something in me and stuck with me and taught me and mentored me. When I started Arpin was a 7 million dollar company and when I left 35 years later it was a 200 million dollar company andalong the way I made so many friends across the country that I could not possibly list them all but know that they all have a place in my heart.
What a wonderful ride, and now the good Lord had put an opportunity to be part owner of a Theatre in my path. I happen to love music and live theatre and helping people so I will see where this path takes me and the people that I will meet and learn from.
I love my wife, I love my life !
Thank you Jesus.
Trust and be kind and let life take You on your ride and your paths.

Peace, Love and Understanding

No comments: