Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Journey


"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust

It is ALL about the journey .. in our personal life as well as our work life.

Looking back at both I love my journey, the people that I met and have the pleasure of working with has made my journey a blast. Because of the job I had most of my life, head of operations for a multi million company that worked all across the United States I was able to meet hundreds of people all over the map and my blessings to know and work with all of them has richend my life. The good , bad and even the ugly was all part of the wonderful journey, I learned from all of it.
And the times that an agent, driver or fellow employee said thanks to me and told me that I may have made a difference in their life was truly my reward.

The same goes for personal life, I met my wife in 1980 and we married in 1981 and had our daughter in 1983 and my son in 1988 and the Ride has been amazing. My daughter is married to a great guy now and have a son and my son is married to an amazing woman and have a son too. The journey each and every step of the way was crazy fast, it really is like a blink of an eye, at one moment I am playing on the floor with my feet in the air with my kids to the song Barefooten and the next moment I am playing on the beach with their kids..absolutely an awesome journey.
The other day my daughter, now 34 ,with Phd , married with a 9 year old, called me to just say thank you and say how much she always appreciated my positive words I shared with her and the time and hugs we always have with each other and how important family is to her because of the example of what she saw growing up - that my friends is what it is all about.

Enjoy your journey !

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

You just hit on something I don't think you realized...What I am seeing is our success is based off our family/kids and grandkids...Family,and pointing them in the right direction is what I am talking about...I am looking at both my grown boys and their influence on my grandkids,hoping they can push their kids as well as I did....It's all cyclical one generation will point the next into the right direction,just like our folks did...More lessons from the master...