Monday, August 24, 2015

How you look at things

Below is a story form a elite household goods driver-


I have to tell you a little story...
About 2 years ago my grandson Ayden started to play baseball. Well me wanting him to be the next Mickey Mantle, I went out and bought him a glove , bat and ball. I was so anxious to teach him how to catch and bat.


Well the weekend comes, Ayden comes over and we go in the backyard to play ball. As expected, he wanted to bat first. I throw many pitches at him and he hits a few and the says , OK pappy, your turn to bat. So I grab the bat and let him pitch. The very first pitch to me, all I do is stick the bat out and make contact with the ball and the ball goes over the fence, ball lost, game over.

I felt horrible. Can't believe I just lost his new ball , I ruined it for him and didn't know what to say.
To my surprise, Ayden looks at me a yells, that was awesome pappy... You hit a home run !!!
Moral of this story is my 6 year old grandson taught me it is all about how you look at things.
And yes, he hopefully will be the next Mantle...


No comments: