Thursday, February 5, 2015

EGO

The ego craves power.

My leadership experiences have taught me that I need to be on guard to keep my ego in check. The ego views power as the nectar of the gods, and if leaders aren’t careful, their ego will intoxicate itself with power.

 In Ken Blanchard’s Servant Leadership program, he does an “Egos Anonymous” exercise that helps leaders come to grips with the power of the ego to make them self-serving leaders rather than servant leaders.

 Effective leadership starts on the inside and that means putting the ego in its proper place.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

" By turning the leadership pyramid upside down, they make the world a better place, because their goals are focused on the greater good."and it's all focused on the 'WHOLE"progress....Not just ME.I went to that link,he has a great attitude....