Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A little history on one of Arpin's Elite Drivers....


Below is a bit of history from one of our elite drivers, Bob Cordeiro , one of the best, and most professional, household goods driver that Arpin has had the great pleasure of bring associated with……thank you Bob !

 

 


I made my first trip to California in the passenger seat of a 1968 Kenworth single axle cab over when I was 4 years old. My dad was an owner/operator for Engel van lines out of Elizabeth, NJ at  the time, and I rode with him every summer until I joined the Army after graduating catholic school in 1987.

 My first tour of duty was in Germany for 2 years, then Fort Sill, OK over to the Persian Gulf for operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm for 7 months then back to Fort Sill before my term ended. Even when I was home on leave from the service I worked with my dad. He swore up and down that I didn't belong in the business, that I should go to college and get far away from this life, but I was bred to be a mover. 

 

I drove with my Dad until I became a qualified van operator with Allied van lines. Ironically I tried to get qualified with Paul Arpin thru Allstate moving and Transfer in Bayonne, NJ, but as I was only 22, they required a minimum age of 25. So here I started that summer of 1992 leasing a company truck from Benton and Holden, an Allied agent in NJ. (Which was bought by Paul Arpin in 1998) By the end of that summer I bought my first truck and signed on with another Allied agent out of CT until 1996 when fate finally brought me to Paul Arpin van lines:

 

Where I have achieved:

 Driver of the month, February 1997

 Driver of the month, April 1998

 Driver of the Year, 1998

 Driver of the month, Sept 2005

 Driver of the month, Oct 2009

 

I brought my youngest brother Stefan into the Arpin family in 2007 and Mr. Paul Arpin himself saw the potential in my brother and helped steer him to become the general manger for one of our busiest agents. I have been here for a generation, and hope to be here for another....

 

A long career with one van lines, where almost everybody knows my name, agent families included, just like the family of cross country movers I grew up in. 

 




No comments: