Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What you don't know

What you don't know...you don't know.

There may be reasons that you do know that lead to difficult decisions..especially when it comes to other people.

In my over 30 years in business I have had to make some very difficult decisions and the toughest of coarse is when it comes to parting ways with people.
I would like to think that I do all I can to help train and advise so that I can salvage situations and grow but it does not always work the way I would prefer.

The other difficult thing to fend off is the rumor mill. You see when you part ways with people it is not always mutual so there are hard feelings and they will never recall the whole ride and they certainly do not relay that with others.
But here's the tough part I do not think it is anybody else's business and I refuse to talk out of school.

Some examples:

I had a employee years ago that would come to work high and when he tested positive we let him go.
When a agent heard the news they went berserk and said he was a great guy but I was not in my right to say why I had to let him go and I wouldn't want to even if I could.

Another employee would sleep at his desk and come in late and his work was slipping and we parted ways others outside the building again were upset and again I did not want to slander this employee.

Drivers have left and for various reasons but I do not think it fair to tell others their negative stories - but they invent their own reasons and post them all over the place.
Again I do not see the need to defend or to slander, life goes on.

You only know one side most of the time- you don't know what you don't know.

And more important why should you...why waste your time or your brain cells on the negative.

Worry about your house.

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

"Drivers have left and for various reasons but I do not think it fair to tell others their negative stories - but they invent their own reasons and post them all over the place.
Again I do not see the need to defend or to slander, life goes on".
I just went throught this on another Blog,point is,I'm not going to lower myself to "Playground name calling".I just shut them down and moved on...