Thursday, April 3, 2014

EGO

 

The ego craves power.

My leadership experiences have taught me that I need to be on guard to keep my ego in check. The ego views power as the nectar of the gods, and if leaders aren’t careful, their ego will intoxicate itself with power.

Effective leadership starts on the inside and that means putting the ego in its proper place.

This is HUGE one.... so many people get carried away with their title or power that they simply forget that in the grand scheme of things they are NO different then anyone else.

I call it the " Clint Eastwood syndrome"- for example - when that 26 year old security guard at a concert take his job so serious that he cannot smile or starts ordering people around- he thinks he is Clint Eastwood- his job or title has gone to his head.

Check your ego at the door- do not take yourself so serious....nobody else does.

No comments: