Friday, August 23, 2013

Remembering really old things


Remembering REALLY Old Things,And Saving Them

(And NO,I’m not talking about Dave’s birthday)


I've always been one who saved any nuts,bolts and screws I find everywhere....Parking lots,warehouses,or anywhere they might be found,actually,there's about 3 coffee cans full,in my side box...They have helped me a number of times when someone lost my hardware for a job...The last one was a shipper who needed a screw for some light fixtures she was replacing to ship hers with me...YUP,had the same screw in a can.....Where this is going is.......I spent a weekend(part of it)waiting to load on a Sunday way down in south Texas,dropped 1 trailer in an agents LOCKED yard,with the warehouse guys phone number to let me back in for a Sunday pick up of that box.....The job went WAY over in cubes(thanks to 5 9 foot sofa's and 9 Mattress cartons)and I did not load it for fear of a 800 cube overflow......The rest of the story......7:45 am I called him to let him know I needed my other box....Voice mail....Every 15 minutes after that another call......NO ANSWER?I went on to the agent,thinking they may have left it open....NOPE!At that point,and a master lock...I started wondering....DO I HAVE A KEY?I tried my main key ring,nope,then on to key from 20 years ago......I remember this key,it got bent from the lock being frozen,in 1982(?),YES I still have every master key I ever used....I tried that one first,IT POPPED open....Life IS GOOD......Funny thing is.....FINALLY got a call from the warehouse guy......7 HOURS later......It does pay to save old stuff.....I did lock the yard back up and let him know that.....

No comments: