Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bull Shit Meter

Paul Arpin had the best " bull shit meter" than anyone that I ever knew.
He knew within 60 seconds if someone was bull shittin him or trying to make up an answer.
Lord I miss that man.

You knew that when he asked you a question you best know the answer and if you didn't know the answe whatever you do DO NOT LIE.

I have worked with a lot of smart people but not many had the common sense in their DNA like Paul Arpin. He would listen to all sides and always come up with a common sense approach.
I wish we had more of that in today's politics.

Paul was honest and shot from the hip We were in a meeting one day , around 8 or 9 of us around the table and a new employee felt he needed to impress Paul with his vocabulary. He threw out some really impressive words and Paul stopped him in his tracks and said never mind those 10 cents fancy words with me just speak plain. When everybody left the room but him and me he looked at me and said " he thinks he knows everything , he doesn't".
Lord I miss that man.

These two guys who owned a business in Florida once sat in his office and they wanted to be a part of the Arpin Agency family. After they left his office he called me in and I asked what he thought and he said they were not " movers" and that the would never make it. He said they talked a good game and they mostly wanted to talk about golf. He said one said he was a scratch golfer, Paul said you cannot be a scratch golfer and run a successful moving business, you need to be in the thick of things.
Lord I miss that man.

Common sense and the best Bull Shit Meter !

No comments: